Wednesday, May 6, 2015

[I like it] Rough (Theatre)


"Rough" is defined as: 


  • having an uneven or irregular surface; not smooth or level.
  • not gentle; violent or boisterous.
  • in a manner that lacks gentleness; harshly or violently.

"Theatre" is defined as: 
  • a building or outdoor area in which plays and other dramatic performances are given.
  • the activity or profession of acting in, producing, directing, or writing plays.
  • a play or other activity or presentation considered in terms of its dramatic quality.

  • In our readings, I would say that "rough theatre" refers to experiencing every spectacle we see as a show, and the place or object that is presenting the performance is now considered a theatre. 
  • A theater doesn't have to be a fancy building that requires educated, sophisticated, wealthy people. A theater is any setting, formal or informal, that showcases a performance of spectacle. 
  • Energy really determines the outcome of the show, despite the apparent theater. In fact, energy is a part of the environment of the performance. 
  • I would say my rough theater would probably be Facebook. I post most of my creations, whether film, poetry, or photography and use my page as an exhibit for my work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment